Thursday, March 31, 2011


"Faith is a passionate intuition." - William Wordsworth

Dear Niece,


I can remember the day a friend told me that she sees a psychic to make all her decisions in her life. I was surprised that this person, whom I had thought to be confident and secure, felt anything but. I thought it was sad that she felt the need to turn to (and pay!!) someone outside herself to find out where to devote her energies in all matters of love, work and anything important to her. I couldn't help but be curious as to why my friend had lost touch with her own sense of self trust, as many people have. I recall thinking (and saying to her) "don't you want to be your own psychic?!" 

Trust your gut instinct, you really are your own psychic. It's true we are here to help each other, but advice and intuition from your own gut, or friends and family who love you is a far richer experience than hiring and putting your trust in a person who doesn't really know you at all.  A good rule of thumb is if someone has made a business out of trying to tell other people what to do through delving into the past or future you can be fairly certain that they just may have lacked the creative chutzpah to make more out of their life than that. Chances are that they just needed to come up with some clever way to make a living and that's all there is to it. If someone is greatly in tune with the Infinite and has something profound to share with you, they will do so freely, from their heart, without expecting anything in return. 


Sometimes I wonder if the title "life coach" isn't just a disguised version of "psychic". For example, just yesterday I met a lady who told me she relies on her life coach in all aspects of her life. For a minute, I thought there was some mistake, but then I realized she really meant ALL aspects of her life. She told me that she couldn't do anything or make any decisions without consulting her coach. I was dumb founded. And this is who I thought was a brilliant business woman! It was obvious that she was
out of touch with her own intuition, and that took me back. She had become scared to trust herself to
make her own decisions.

We all have an inner strength and wisdom that we can draw from. I believe when you need to know the answer for something it will come to you, sometimes in the form of something someone says to you, sometimes in something you see that gives you an idea, or sometimes it comes directly from your gut and you just "know" something. It helps to learn to become quiet and still and from there ask that which is within you for the answers. And then wait. The answer always comes.

With Love,
Auntie Thea  

No comments:

Post a Comment